Manipur University is a public university. It was established in 1980 under the Manipur University Act. 1980 (Manipur Act 8 of 1980), as a teaching cum-affiliating university at Imphal Manipur. Later in 2005, it was converted into a central university under the Manipur University Act No 54 of 2005 received the assent of the President in 2005. The university has sprawling campus that is spread over an area of 287 acres in the historic canchipur which is the site of the old palace of Manipur. It is a public university. University has been reaccredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC and also approved by UGC.
The University has 86 affiliated colleges and one constituent college.
Courses offered at Manipur University:
The University has six School of Studies including the School of Medical Science. The Present 30 departments constitute the following:
- UG, PG and Doctoral Courses offered in Campus: B.A, M.A, Ph.D in English, Hindi, Dance, Manipuri, Philosphy, Anthropology, History, Sociology
- M.Sc in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Lifescience, Chemistry, physics, Math, Statistics, Forestry and Environmental Science, Geography and Earth Scinece.
- MCA, Master in Commerce, Master in Economics, Master in Education, MBA-Master in Business Administration.
- B.E in Computer Science, Electionics Comunication, Civil, Mechanical
- MBBS, BDS
- PG Diploma: P G Diploma Geo-Informatics, P G Diploma Advance Material.
Fee Structure in Manipal University:
University has below fee for the mentioned courses:
|Course||Fee (INR) Per annum|
Admission in Manipal University: Admission in different courses is based on the online application form and then written test & interview to be held in departments depending on the course of interest.
Manipal University Contact Details: Indo Myanmar Road, Canchipur, Imphal, Manipur 795003
Phone: 0385 243 5276
Manipal University website: www.en.manipuruniv.ac.in