North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) is a public institute of higher education in Nirjuli, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. It was established in 1984 and later awarded with autonomous deemed university under Under section-3 of the UGC Act, 1956, fully funded and controlled by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
All under graduate, post graduate and doctoral programmes of Engineering and other courses are accredited by National board of accreditation (NBA), UGC and AICTE. University has a sprawling campus that is spread over 500 acres of land. Campus is residential facilities for staff and students as it consist of hostels, staff quaters, Kendriya Vidyalaya,Medical Health Unit, guest houses, KG School, temple, church and bank.
The institute offers different courses under departments Engineering & Technology and Science:
- B. Tech, M.Tech
- Postgraduate programmes like M.Sc
NERIST Fee Structure:
Fee for different course is as below:
- For Base Module: 15,780.00 per annum
- For Diploma Module: 16,720.00 per annum
- For Degree (Engineering & Technology): 18,360.00 per annum
- For Degree Module (Forestry): 18,360.00 per annum
- For Master of Science (M.Sc.): 21,800.00 per annum
- For M. Tech.: 24,590.00 per annum
- For MBA (Full time): 39,780.00 per annum
- For Ph.D. (Full Time): 27,870.00 per annum
For admission in certificate, diploma and degree programs, university conduct 3 enterance exams named as: NEE-I, II and III and notification for these is published in most regional and national newspapers at the admission time. Admission in postgraduate programmes in technology is based on the performance of candidate in GATE exam conducted by the IITs on behalf of the MHRD, Government of India. Separate entrance tests are also conducted for other postgraduate programmes.
- NERIST Address: NH-15A, Nirjuli, Dist Papum Pare, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh 791109
- NERIST Phone: 0360 225 7401
- NERIST Web: www.nerist.ac.in