The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) is as public university located in Ludhiana, Punjab. It is one of the oldest agricultural university and was established in 1962. After its establishment, Haryana agriculture university has already been bifurcated in 1966 and in 2005 It was bifurcated with the formation of Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. It is very well know all over the world for it excellence in agriculture and was pioneered the Green Revolution in India in the 1960s.
For the outstanding achievements in agricultural research, education and extension, it was awarded as Best Agricultural University in India in 1995. The PAU has four constituent colleges, College of Basic Sciences & Humanities, College of Agricultural Engineering, College of Agriculture and College of Home science. PAU has a sprawling campus spread over an area of 1,500 acres in main campus and 4,600 acres at the regional research stations. Its campus is well-equipped laboratories, library and lecture rooms and accommodation is available in the university hostels for single/married students. Married students. University has affiliations from ACU, UGC and ICAR.
University offers 5 bachelor’s degrees, 51 master’s degree and 42 doctorate programmes in 50 departments of five constituent colleges. In addition, it offers a Bachelor of Education program and five Diploma programs in its four constituent colleges.
- Sc in chemistry, agricultural economics, biochemistry, zoology, physics, botany, microbiology, community science, fashion designing, nutrition & dietetics.
- Sc in chemistry, agricultural economics, biochemistry, zoology, physics,botany and food science and technology,microbiology, community science, fashion designing, nutrition & dietetics..
- Tech in biotechnology, food technology, agriculture engineering
- Tech in remote sensing and geographic information
- MBA & MBA in Agricultural Business Management
|Course||Fee (INR)Per year|
- Address: Ferozepur Road, Ludhiana, Punjab 141004
- Phone: 0161 240 1960
- Web: www.pau.edu