Tezpur University is a Central University located in Tezpur in the North Eastern state of Assam, India. It was established under an act in Parliament of India in 1994. The Governor of Assam is the chancellor of Tezpur University. It works as a public university with the residential campus spread over 262 acres.
It is one of the few universities in India to have its own Department of Energy. The Electronics department is the first of its kind in India to introduce an interdisciplinary Master of Technology program in Bioelectronics, the first batch of which pass out in June 2006. It has 5 men’s hostel and 7 women hostel for the students and beside this university have one hostel for married couples.
The university has four schools of studies and these schools are divided into 21 departments and three special academic centre’s:
- School of Sciences: it has 5 departments as chemical science, Physics, mathematics, environmental science, molecular biology and biotechnology.
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences: it provides undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses in English and foreign language, sociology, mass communication and journalism, hindi, social work, education andcultural studies.
- School of Management Sciences: it provides undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses in disaster management. Commerce.
- School of Engineering offers courses in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, computer science and engineering, electronics and communication engineering, food engineering and technology.
- B.Sc, M.Sc, Integrated M.Sc
- Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed
- B.Tech, M.Tech
- Different diploma courses
|Course||Fee( Rs) per year|
Tezpur University Assam Contact: Tezpur University Napaam, Tezpur Sonitpur, Assam (India) Pin – 784 028
Tezpur University Assam Phone: +91-3712-267007/8/9
Tezpur University Assam Fax : +91-3712-267005/6
Tezpur University Assam Website: www.tezu.ernet.in